Will's 15 month check up was actually quite fun...minus the shots of course. We were placed in the "Jungle" room at the peditrician's office. Will instantly was growling at the lion, sticking his tongue out at the gecko, saying banana and making monkey sounds. Ohhhh what a little character I have on my hands. Thank God for a healthy, happy, and busy baby. After his shots I kept saying, "I know, I know it hurts." For the last two days he has been saying "I know, I know," over and over again.
Over the last several months Will has been fascinated by dinosaurs, cooking in his apron, vacuuming with mom, searching for helicopters in the sky, blowing out candles, running, walking backwards, jumping, and pretending to shhh his stuffed animals to sleep. He even does some yoga by posing in the downward dog. He is a momma's boy, which has been so good for me, and cries when I go. He kisses, hugs, blows kisses, waves bye-bye, and will even close his eyes on command. His favorite body part right now his his elbow and his back. He continues to be intrigued by the stars and the moon and looks for them almost every night.
He is actually a huge helper and loves to take items out of the fridge for me and put them on the table. To keep him busy the other night we had everything from mustard, vinegar, and salsa on the table and we were eating soup! He helps me load the dryer and recently discovered he can crawl in and sit for a while. When given a paper towel he helps clean up the floor and says "uhoh" everytime he sees a yogurt because I dropped one on the floor the other day and it spilled. He loves the vacuum and loves to dust!! As you all know, he must take after his father.
He is a big eater and loves fruit. He eats pretty much everything we do and says "moremoremore". He loves salsa and will say "spicy." Watching the toaster pop his bread out is one of his favorite morning activities. I would say blueberries top his list of favorite foods right now. Yesterday was the first time he actually used cold and hot for appropriate temperatures.He still will not wear a bib and so we do a little more laundry.
Everynight Will takes a bath with dad. Bubbles, splashing, and watching the water go down the drain are the highlights. He recently started swimming the front crawl in the tub and loves to float on his back. He puts all of his toys on the edge and then whispers shhh to put them to bed.
Will, because of you, I have experienced emotions I never thought possible. I love the way your head feels when you snuggle into my neck. I cherish the moments when you snuggle into your blanket and drink your bottle, knowing those days will soon be gone. I love they way your little hand reaches out for mine when you are excited to show me something. I love how your little mouth forms big words like elephant, library, medicine, gorilla, and alligator. Your excitablility and passion for helicopters and dinosaurs makes me so happy and seeing the light in your eyes makes me so fortunate to share my days with you!!
Will's numbers:
Height: 31 inches..50th percentile
Weight: 22.5 pounds..20th percentile
Head circumference: 18 3/4..6oth percentile
No comments:
Post a Comment