Monday, February 8, 2010

The nightshift

Last night I was up from 12:30 to 4:00 am with my wild Will....and I actually feel pretty good so far this morning. Most of you know I NEED sleep, it's a curse I inherited from my Dad. But I had to write this post because I actually am amazed by my little boys imagination. He was crying soooo hard last night, is getting all 4 of his molars, and has a cold....so I thought OK this guy is hurting. I believe he needed comforting and I did just that for 3+ hours last night. In between laying on my chest and making little wimpering sounds he talked to me about Uncle Tom, cranes, snowmen, pipes, salsa, his shot he got last week and how Grandma hugged him, pillows, stars, dinosaurs and how they growl, and the fire alarm upstairs!!!!! That guys mind is always going and finally after trying to put him down for the third time I thought we have to do something different here. So I made up a story about how his favorite blue bear needs to go to sleep and how blue bear likes his blanket, etc. I basically talked the kid into sleeping. Sure enough he tucked blue bear in and slept until eight. Thanks to Cody for letting me sleep in until 10:00. So, yes, I will be working on my creative parenting and now blue bear will sleep with Will wherever we go!! I am off for a nap...who knows what tonight will bring!

No comments: